Projects selected for Urgent and Emergency Care Awards Funding
An Urgent and Emergency Care (UEC) Innovation Award, run by South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Integrated Care System, in partnership with the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN has selected four projects which will receive funding.
After a competitive application process, the assessment panel selected four projects to receive funding. These winning projects are:
- Creating a Frailty Virtual Ward facilitating Care Closer to Home – Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Moving with Dignity – pilot – Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group / Doncaster Council
- Development of a Social and Wellbeing Hub at Sheffield Walk in Centre – OneMedical Group (One Medicare)
- Discharge Medicine Delivery Service – Bassetlaw CCG
With funding from NHS England and Improvement, the projects will stimulate the adoption of innovative practices which address demand for urgent and emergency services in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw.
A total fund of £250,000 was available, which has been distributed between the four successful applicants from across SYB localities.
The funding is to be utilised to support the following priorities:
- Integrated urgent care – encompassing patient signposting to the most clinically appropriate service including 111 First, maximising digital interoperability, Urgent Treatment Centres, (UTCs) and Ambulance Response Programme.
- In Hospital admission avoidance – development of Same Day Emergency Care SDEC and frailty services, and improvements to mental health surge capacity.
- Discharge – to support the implementation of the new discharge guidance and model.
The award scheme is being managed by the South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw ICS Innovation Hub, with the outcomes of each initiative evaluated through a partnership with the NIHR Applied Research Collaborative.
Aejaz Zahid, Director of the Innovation Hub said:
“With pressures on Urgent and Emergency Care services ever increasing, this scheme provides a timely opportunity to leverage the power of innovative ideas to tackle challenges and improve experiences for patients, care staff and clinicians.
“We’re looking forward to working closely with ICS, AHSN and NIHR ARC colleagues to deliver this award scheme, as well as getting to know the excellent awardees from across the region”.
For further information please contact SYB.email@example.com